How to change jiofi password this is your first question If you’re a Jio user, you’ll know about the JioFi 4G Hotspot.
This device along with a Jio SIM lets you access 4G internet speeds on practically any device, be a mobile phone, tablet, laptop or a smart TV.
If you haven’t already subscribed, here’s where you get a Jio connection, and you can even buy a JioFi device right now.
How to change jiofi password
If you’re already using a JioFi, here are a few things you should do to secure it. If you’re sharing your connection with others, you might want to change the password every now and then. We’ll also show you how to customize the name of the network. These steps are specific to the JioFi 3, and may vary slightly depending on the device you’re using.
Method to change jiofi password
- Switch on your JioFi device
- The first thing is to power on the device by holding down the button. If you haven’t noted down the name of the JioFi’s WiFi network and its password, you can find it on the back of the packaged box, or under the battery at the back of the device.
- Connect your phone or a laptop to the JioFi device
Connect your devices to the JioFi. This is done by going to the Wireless settings on your device. Use the details found in the previous step.
- Access the configuration interface on a web browser
Access the URL http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1 using a web browser. This will take you the page where you can manage the JioFi’s settings.
- Login to the interface
Now login with the credentials, username as administrator and password as administrator and tap on the login button. You might be prompted to change the default administrator password. You can do this by clicking on OK.
- Change the WiFi password
To change the WiFi password, click on Network > Wi-Fi Configuration > Secure key (in some models).
- Choose a password and save Settings
Change the password to your liking and click on the Apply button.
That should help secure the device, but you can also customize things further by changing the name of your network. Typically, it’s a complex model number, but you can give it your name or something you fancy.
- Changing the JioFi’s network name (SSID)
Click on Network > Wi-Fi Configuration. Make changes to the Network Name (SSID) field. Change the name to your liking and click on Save. You might need to reconnect to the JioFi device after a while, in case it doesn’t connect.
- Changing the JioFi’s login ID and password
To further secure the device, and if you weren’t prompted to change the password earlier, you can do this by clicking on User Management > Account Management. Enter a new username and password, then confirm it. Click on the Save button when you’re done. If you haven’t purchased a device for yourself, you can buy one online right now.
I have forgotten the password. How do I retrieve it?
Using MyJio App:
- Open MyJio app. Tap on ‘Use Jio ID’ and select ‘Forgot Password’.
- Enter your Jio ID and hit ‘Submit’.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number or registered email ID.
- Enter the OTP and hit ‘Submit’ to reset your password.
- You can log in to MyJio using your new password
- Go to ‘Forgot Password’
- Enter your Jio ID or registered mobile number or registered email ID and click on ‘Continue’
- Enter the OTP you receive on your registered mobile number or registered email ID and reset your password. Click on ‘Update’
- You can log in to Jio account using your new password